Intra-Africa Trade: Manufacturing A Self-Sufficient Africa
This session will discuss a number a key points and burning questions on the route to Africa’s economic self-sufficiency through trade and investments. These include;
- Why is it critical that Africa is focused on trading with itself?
- What steps must the continent take to achieving self-sufficiency through trade?
- What role does the African diaspora have to play in the Intra-Africa trade narrative?
- What must African SMEs do to circumvent/address the challenge of inadequate financing – perhaps their largest barrier to trade?
- What are Afreximbank’s core initiatives / interventions designed to facilitate intra-Africa trade?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of an ‘African Union’ as a trading block?